How To Avoid Baby Rashes On Face
- Use a humidifier in your baby’s room so that the surrounding air isn’t dry and doesn’t dehydrate your baby’s skin.
- If your baby has a rash, request other people to not touch the baby at all.
- Rashes on the face can be further aggravated if the baby keeps scratching his face with his nails.
- Avoid using wipe clothes to clean your baby as they are rough and may even house germs.
- Avoid cleaning your baby’s upper body with soap if he has extra sensitive skin. Using clean water is enough.
- If a rash is present, use soft paper towels to clean the area. Let the area dry on its own, don’t pat it.
How To Get Rid Of A Rash On A Baby's Face?
Home Remedies for Rashes on a Baby’s Face 1 Ice Cubes: Rashes may lead to irritation, which will make your baby uncomfortable. 2 Cornstarch: Cornstarch can also be used to treat rashes on your baby’s face. 3 Breastmilk: Breastmilk too is a wonderful remedy to treat rashes. 4 Oatmeal: Mix oatmeal with warm water and bathe your baby with this water.
What Causes A Rash On A New Born Baby?
Babies have very new skin and developing immune systems. Their skin is sensitive and susceptible to many sources of irritation or infection. Causes of rashes in babies include: Even their own feces can irritate a baby’s skin and cause a rash. Viral and bacterial infections can also cause rashes.
What Should I Do If My Baby Has A Milk Rash?
One of the primary milk rash remedies is a steroid cream. This is usually prescribed by a doctor especially when the rashes are very red, thick and persistent. However, most parents are wary about using this cream as it can cause skin thinning and increase sensitivity.
Is It Possible To Prevent A Heat Rash On A Baby?
The ointments and creams can aggravate the rash. Unfortunately, preventing heat rash probably won’t cross your mind until after your baby has endured one. The good news is, after that one time, you will learn the ways to prevent the rash and realize it is actually quite easy (4).